Author: Deborah Reed
Publication: Lake Union Publishing, July 2015, available in trade paper and eBook
Audience: Fans of literary suspense
What I liked: This is an unusual but extremely readable book. The author does a good job of conveying Olivay’s misery at the loss of her husband – particularly, the fact that he was killed at a time when they had been quarreling. Henry is transformed from a slightly overeager one night stand to someone who begins to seem very dangerous indeed. I am afraid it is hard not to be slightly critical of someone who brings a total stranger into her home, but although I had certain suspicions I wasn’t totally sure what was going to happen, and I appreciated the element of suspense.
What I disliked: I had a hard time deciding if I liked or disliked this book. In some ways, it left me cold because both Olivay and Henry were so peculiar and unappealing but in others I really admired the creativity of the author.
TLC Book Tours.
- Monday, July 6th: Peeking Between the Pages
- Tuesday, July 7th: For the Love of Fictional Worlds
- Wednesday, July 8th: 5 Minutes for Books
- Thursday, July 9th: Kahakai Kitchen
- Friday, July 10th: One Curvy Blogger
- Monday, July 13th: A Reader’s Oasis
- Tuesday, July 14th: Kritter’s Ramblings
- Tuesday, July 14th: Sara’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday, July 16th: Kari J. Wolfe
- Friday, July 17th: Many Hats
- Monday, July 20th: Kissin’ Blue Karen
- Tuesday, July 21st: FictionZeal
- Wednesday, July 22nd: From the TBR Pile
- Thursday, July 23rd: Patricia’s Wisdom
- Friday, July 24th: Bell, Book & Candle
- Monday, July 27th: The Bookish Universe
- Tuesday, July 28th: Palmer’s Page Turners
- Wednesday, July 29th: Book Lovin’ Hippo