Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Favorite Reads of 2011

How could I have forgotten a year as good as 2011?  I suspect it was a good reading year but an exhausting lawyer year which must be why I never posted this list, now recreated:

Suspense
One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming
Long Time Coming by Robert Goddard
The Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King (recommended by my mother and subsequently enjoyed by my book group)
Case Histories (Jackson Brodie #1) by Kate Atkinson (had started this unsuccessfully previously but was captivated by the audio)

Fiction
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (entertaining, and was another book group read, but Count Them One By One remains my favorite book about Mississippi - and is dedicated to me)

Historical Fiction
An Accomplished Woman by Jude Morgan
Nonfiction
Nothing Daunted by Dorothy Wickenden

YA
Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Picture Book
Best Rereads
Emily and the Dark Angel by Jo Beverley (sadly deceased in 2016)
Pauline by Margaret Storey

No comments: