Monday, September 3, 2007

So long, farewell!



Friday was the last day of my clerkship, and I was somewhat melancholy at the thought of leaving my judge who has been so much fun to work with over the last year. I was very busy finishing up projects and writing helpful memos to my successor (since he also went to Duke I thoughtfully left him the 07-08 basketball schedule and a picture of Christian Laetner, but he says he has no interest in sports - what a downer for the Judge, who enjoys them very much) but paused to take a few photos of our beautiful courthouse with my friend Felicia, who clerked down the hall.

My favorite security guard snapped our picture in front of the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote, "The life of the law has not been logic: it has been experience." (1881)


Life in chambers is not entirely research: there is occasionally time for hoop!


Of course, I am not going far, merely a few blocks away...

2 comments:

LaurieA-B said...

I'm glad to see the law agrees with you; you look wonderful. All best wishes for your new job.

I just got off the phone with Wendy, after a conversation in which we compared various editions of The Painted Garden/Movie Shoes. We may bring you in for a consultation.

CLM said...

Hmmm, well, I certainly thought I owned both editions, but neither is shelved with my Streatfeilds. I will check to see if my sister has them.

Thanks for the good wishes! I keep meaning to email Wendy because there is a Melendy Avenue about a mile from me. If we were drunken males, I am sure we would try to swipe it.