Saturday, November 22, 2008

Harvard - Yale

As David Brooks says in the NYT, "If a foreign enemy attacks the United States during the Harvard-Yale game any time over the next four years, we’re screwed . . . "

(not that I think most of these people are the type who attend college football games).

And, by the way, we beat Yale 10-0 earlier today. As the Patriot Ledger commented, the frostbite afternoon wasn’t going to stop the home team. I wouldn't say it was the coldest I have ever been but it was very very chilly, especially once the sun disappeared. My friend Lamar, up from South Carolina for 24 hours, kept speculating on the actual temperature which almost made it worse. We had great seats, thanks to my very first employers, Alice and Marty Gordon, who had to go to San Diego for the weekend.

It was a nice moment when the scoreboard showed Senator Kennedy, sitting with his friend and teammate former Senator John Culver of Iowa, enjoying the game.

No comments: