Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Curious Cook

My dear friend Jeannette made and sent me this lovely apron to wear in my new home. Notice the clever way I am taking advantage of every inch of available countertop (the better to use every plate and pot in the house)(no wonder it took several days to get everything clean and back in the cabinets).

By the way, this picture was taken before I knew I had mistreated my drains - hence, the smile (although I think the devastation was really due to the previous owners dumping everything down the drain before they moved out). It would be several days before I smiled again...

3 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What a great apron! You were brave, I think, to do so much so soon after moving into your new home! May you have hundreds of friends for hundreds of delightful meals, but no more drain problems!

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

Congratulations on your new home, adventures and all! What a great picture. Good luck finding an outlet for your tree :-). We ended up installing a lot of new outlets in our old house-- luckily this house started out a little better equipped.

JaneGS said...

Great picture, great apron, and my sympathies for the drain issues...yuck!