Friday, August 22, 2008

Football season approaches

Nowhere to go but up for Duke football, and Harvard and Yale are picked to dominate the Ivy League. Of course, Coach Murphy hates being considered a favorite so will downplay it all he can.

Annoyingly, I have to go to Dallas the week Harvard opens the season but I hope to be back by 9/19 when we play Holy Cross.

A Harvard player I don't remember named Andrew Hatch, a Mormon, who left Harvard to go on his mission, subsequently transferred to LSU and after sitting out a year is now vying to be the starting quarterback for the Tigers. I hope he can do it! The previous quarter back was kicked off the team for bad behavior but I doubt that will happen to Hatch. LSU's first game is on ESPN before a national audience - quite a change for this young man.

No comments: