Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hydrox are almost here!

Hydrox cookies should be back in stores by the end of the month, according to Kellogg's! For those who don't recall, they are really much better than Oreos! I just hope that the reformulated Hydrox without transfat don't taste different. There is now an entry in Wikipedia describing the outpouring of emotion from fans that resulted in Hydrox coming back, although apparently Kellogg's will pull the plug again if sales aren't satisfying. Sort of like Harper Collins and the Betsy-Tacy books!
Last winter, trying to console myself with Oreos when I thought that was my only option, I entered a sweepstakes in which my family would take on Peyton, Eli and Archie Manning in an Oreo cream filling contest. I had forgotten all about it until I saw a commercial during the Olympics in which Peyton and Eli were eating Oreos, and wondered what happened to my entry. My sisters say the Mannings are so competitive we never would have won. I had to investigate and now I see that an Ohio grandmother won the chance to compete against sibling pro quarterbacks Eli and Peyton in the Oreo-licking contest.

3 comments:

Bully said...

They're here! i saw them last week at a Stop-n-Shop in Queens.

Ellen Gerstein said...

Saw them yesterday at Wal*Mart in White Plains.

Mim said...

We have the same problem here in New England with Crown Pilot Crackers. They have been pulled once already in 1997. NOw Nabisco either needs more publicity, or they really want them gone!
Glad you got your hydrox back.