Wednesday, November 12, 2008

If You Were President ...

Help Obama pick his Cabinet! Although I can't imagine Hillary taking a job in this administration, unless perhaps it was a Supreme Court nomination. As yet, the only Cabinet position I feel strongly about is Secretary of State; since my brother works for the State Department, I do think it could be potentially helpful to have the Secretary be someone he interned for in high school (although it would have been better had Kerry been elected in the first place, obviously)! I think Obama owes John Kerry any position he wants, having first provided the opportunity for him to become a household word at the Democratic Convention.

Colin Powell once judged a chili contest for youthful members of the Foreign Service, then told them he wished he could stay to eat it with them but was expected at the White House for lunch! As I recall, my brother thought he said it with real regret.

No comments: