Sunday, January 27, 2008

More Chocolate

My old boss Dan used to tell me I was spiritual which showed how little he knew me even after 5 or 6 years; occasionally religious yes but spiritual no, and quite glad about that (although he meant it as a compliment). Still, given my love of chocolate, had I known that one could download a daily moment of spirituality from Hershey's Kisses to provide "motivational, love and friendship quotes for enjoying life to the fullest" maybe I would have done so and then turned out totally different...

More to the point, I recently came across a bin of Hershey's Kisses marked 75% off and tossed one package into my basket, thinking they were part of a post-holiday markdown. In fact, they were Chocolate Marshmallow Kisses and although I found the flavor a bit odd at first, that didn't stop me from nibbling half a bag as I tried to tidy up my home today. Since I can't find them on the Hershey's website, I wondered if they were being test marketed in Boston or whether they were a dramatic failure and are being discontinued? It turned out they were a limited edition, and going a pretty penny on eBay had I thought to buy two bags!

Did you know Hershey's Kisses have been around since 1907?

No comments: