Thursday, August 28, 2014

Green Gables, Prince Edward Island

Anne of Green Gables has been one of my favorite books since I was 11, 
and I finally made it to Green Gables in July!
"It would give me such a thrill, Marilla, just to wear a dress with puffed sleeves."
Anne's room was just as I imagined it.
We walked through the garden to the Haunted Wood...

where we met Anne Shirley, strolling by...  
Looking back at Green Gables from the Haunted Wood

I was afraid I might be Rachel Lynde, based on some of my 
answers, but I am Anne, of course!

Visiting Lucy Maud's grave
For my Top Ten Anne Shirley-Gilbert Blythe 
Most Romantic Moments, 

1 comment:

JaneGS said...

How absolutely wonderful! Visiting PEI is on my top 5 list of things to do in the next 5 years. I have been dreaming of going since I read my first Anne book when I was 10ish.

Love the pictures--looks like you had a great time!