Monday, March 4, 2019

Devastation in Hunter Green

Last week my beautiful Toyota Corolla, just three years old, with barely a scratch 
Before.  Happier Times.
was hit by a vicious tree! I was hopeful the insurance inspector would say it could be repaired, although my family pointed out, if seriously damaged, it is not a good idea to drive a structurally impaired car.
It was so dark you can't really tell how awful it was, or see the broken glass everywhere
The insurance has concluded the car cannot be fixed and, as Toyota has discontinued this very attractive shade of green, my next car may not be quite as appealing.  Note:  I did not drive around with the bow on it but I thought it was very nice of the dealer, upon delivery, to remember the joke I had made about cars in commercials always being adorned with fancy ribbons.
After
Obviously, a smashed car is an expense rather than a tragedy, and I am grateful I was not in the car when the tree fell.   It just annoys me that the car was parked on a leafy suburban street (hence, I guess, the tree) because I'd come from a doctor's appointment when it normally would have been safe in my driveway.

2 comments:

Judith said...

I do feel sad about your poor car, mostly because I am so attached to my Toyota Rav 4. It's getting on in years, has zillions of miles on it, but it's still humming along. I do hope that you find a good replacement.

GSGreatEscaper said...

Constance, I am just catching up here after our trip to Florida and I am so sad to hear this! D