The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
Currently Reading:
I am nearly done with the third book in the House of Niccolo series, Race of Scorpions by Dorothy Dunnett (1989). I don’t think I’d be able to decipher the 15th century politics/rivalries if it weren’t for a website that captured a group read from several years ago. It's still fascinating! I asked my brother to retrieve the book for me several weeks ago when I was away from home and I must not have identified it properly because he brought me Scorpions by Supreme Court scholar Noah Feldman! I do want to read that but not right now.
Peter: Who knew you had multiple books about scorpions on adjacent shelves? I thought one of my coworkers recommended This Kingdom Will Not Kill Me by Ilona Andrews (2026) but no one took credit when I asked around today. Maggie unexpectedly wakes up in Kair Toren, setting for her favorite fantasy series, and is faced with that “age-old” dilemma - is it ethical to try to change past events and risk unintended catastrophic consequences.Just Finished:
The last book I read was The New Neighbor by Leah Stewart (due to the length of Race of Scorpions) but I think I meant to read The New Neighbor by Karen Cleveland (2022)! As you probably know, titles cannot be copyrighted. I had really enjoyed Cleveland’s Need to Know.Up Next:
Looking forward to The Seven Rings by Nora Roberts (2025), which is third in her Lost Bride trilogy; The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards (2013), from a series that began with The Coffin Trail; and rereading The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring (2023), which I chose for my book group in October. I hope they like it better than The Country Girls (1960), my last pick (it seemed like a good St. Patrick’s Day theme). I also had a craving to read The Summer of the Spanish Woman by Catherine Gaskin (1977); I like her books very much, so I am sure it will be great.
The last book I read was The New Neighbor by Leah Stewart (due to the length of Race of Scorpions) but I think I meant to read The New Neighbor by Karen Cleveland (2022)! As you probably know, titles cannot be copyrighted. I had really enjoyed Cleveland’s Need to Know.Up Next:
Looking forward to The Seven Rings by Nora Roberts (2025), which is third in her Lost Bride trilogy; The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards (2013), from a series that began with The Coffin Trail; and rereading The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring (2023), which I chose for my book group in October. I hope they like it better than The Country Girls (1960), my last pick (it seemed like a good St. Patrick’s Day theme). I also had a craving to read The Summer of the Spanish Woman by Catherine Gaskin (1977); I like her books very much, so I am sure it will be great.
This Lake District mystery series is worth checking for at your library.
No comments:
Post a Comment