Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Betsy-Tacy Annual Ornament Exchange

For about 20 years, members of the Betsy-Tacy listserv have participated in a sort of Secret Santa ornament exchange, inspired by Betsy, Tacy and Tib's historic (so to speak) shopping expedition in Betsy-Tacy Go Downtown.  It is always a special moment when the mail arrives with that box, often addressed to a character from the famous tomes.  This year's ornament exchange brought a note from Betsy Ray:

Dear Tib, Do you think Gaston would have appreciated
our herbariums more if our specimens has been a little sparklier?
I'm sure we'll never do anything like that again - but it was fun,
just this once!   Merry Christmas!
Love, Betsy

I love this leaf ornament that looks as if it had been dipped in silver!  If you don't remember Betsy, Tacy and Tib's herbarium adventure, you can read about it here.

I have decided next year I will move the tree to a window that is not obscured by shrubbery - I like the way it looks in front of the fireplace but I also want people walking or driving past to be able to see the lights.  Where do you put your tree?

Thank you, kind sender, and thanks to all the elves who manage the ornament exchange!  My nieces and I always have fun participating.

1 comment:

GSGreatEscaper said...

I'm so glad you got a pretty ornament this year!

I wanted to put the tree in our new lower level room but DD insisted it be in the front window so people could see it from the street.

Hope to see you soon!