Friday, February 11, 2022

Book Bingo Reading Challenge 2022

I have decided to join the Book Bingo Reading Challenge at Unruly Reader. I learned about this challenge from Cath at Read-warbler and Tracy at Bitter Tea and Mystery who are very ambitious/adventurous in their reading while I tend to alternate between my library books and my TBR (now on a cart to help me prioritize, although there are piles everywhere). Then I realized I had the perfect book to start me off next week, so here we are!

How to Play Book Bingo 2022:
Read a book that fits the category. Each book can qualify for only one category.

Complete just one row or column, or go for blackout by reading a book in every category.

All books must be finished in 2022. Books started in 2021 but finished in 2022 count.

There are some definitions, but you can free-style it if you like—as long as you can make a case that the book fits the category.

All categories can be fiction or nonfiction (your choice), unless otherwise specified.

Some of the categories are obvious:

SYLLABLE AUTHOR SURNAME, COMING OF AGE, SEASONAL.

Other categories are not so obvious:

NEWS = North, East, West, South: fiction or nonfiction book about an event that affects a region.

TIME CAPSULE = A book about another era, which could be time travel or a current-day perspective on an earlier time.
It's not too late.   Sign up at the Introducing Book Bingo 2022 post (in the comments). That post also provides definitions for each category.

2 comments:

TracyK said...

I am so glad you joined in on the Bingo challenge, it will help keep me on track.

I like your TBR cart also. I don't have one single spot for a cart like that in our small condominium, but I should clear out one of my book basket for putting the top books on my (mental) TBR all in one spot.

Cath said...

So excited that you're going to give this one a go! It's quite interesting and a lot of fun. I just used Dear Mrs. Bird for 'Time Capsule' funnily enough. But yes, some of the categories will take a bit of thinking about, that's part of the fun though.

Love your book trolley!