Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Spell the Month in Books – April 2022

Spell the Month in Books is the creation of Reviews From the Stacks and usually occurs on the second Saturday of each month, so I am late but intrigued:
A The Accident by Chris Pavone. When high-powered literary agent Isabel Reed receives the manuscript of a potentially bestselling book, it puts her in life-threatening danger because it reveals a damaging secret of a powerful media mogul. This was a fun read for someone who used to work in publishing, although I think I liked his Expats better. My review.
P A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus. One of my Best Books of 2021: three orphans being evacuated to the country during WWII need a guardian and a home, also some good books to read! My review.
R The Returning Tide by Liz Fenwick. A dual timeline novel about sisters in Cornwall during WWII and the betrayal that will divide them forever. I am really enjoying this author’s books, although I think I’ve had to order them all from the UK.
I The Idea of Him by Holly Peterson. Like many women, Mary fell for the man she married when she was in her twenties only to realize years later that it wasn't him she fell for as much as it was the idea of him. My review.
L The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave. This suspense novel about a woman whose husband disappears mysteriously has been on the NYT bestseller list for 45 weeks.  I enjoyed it and think you would too.  My review.
Can you #SpelltheMonthinBooks? What books would you use?

1 comment:

Cath said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I might join in if I get a moment - definitely been one of 'those' weeks. I'll answer your email asap.